I was inspired by some friends from church to start a blog here. I mean, I didn't have enough blogs at myspace, facebook, and live journal. Ya know? :P Anyway, I've been scanning through their blogs, and they make it look fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Apparently it's blog month or something, and you're suppose to blog every day this month. Since it is now Nov. 6, I will fetch my journal and write a little something from the past few days to catch up.
Nov. 1 - We moved into our first house today! It's so nice to have our own place. It's weird, too. After 5+ years of renting apartments and duplexes, our house seems so much bigger. I'm so very thankful for that. Our duplex was really starting to feel tight, even though it had two bedrooms. It's funny how adding one tiny person to our family made our place seem to shrink incredibly.
Us in front of the front door of our new HOME!!!

My mom being her goofy self

Us in front of the U-Haul

Us in front of the front door of our new HOME!!!

My mom being her goofy self

Us in front of the U-Haul

Nov. 2 - How nice to wake up in our new bedroom this morning! Over a year ago, I bought a beautiful quilt set for our bed. I decided to store it away, though, until we owned a house b/c our bedroom at our old place couldn't be closed off to our cat, and I didn't want cat hair all over the new bedding. The only place we could put her litter box was in the half-bathroom, which she had to go through our bedroom to get. Yes, our cat had her own bathroom. Sad. But not anymore! Now that we own a place, we can make a kitty door in the garage and keep her litter box in there. No more cat in the bedroom! I deliberated long and hard about paint color for the bedroom walls. I wanted a peaceful, cottage-style room. I decided to do a light blue above the wood trim and a little bit of a darker shade below the trim. It looks perfect with the bedding, so I am really loving our room!
Nov. 3 - Solomon loves being sang to. The little guy hasn't a chance, though - he's going to be an odd duck just like his parents. Sigh... We like making up our own silly songs. Here's one that Nathan made up, in the tune of "O Christmas Tree".
Oh Solomon, Oh Solomon,
You are a funny fella.
We like quite a lot, my love.
We'd never ever sell ya.
Yeah.... And even crazier is the song I made, with its own er, um, *unique* melody.
Camels are nice.
They give you good advice.
They don't have head lice.
They're nice. They're nice.
And the song never really ends. I just find more and more adjectives to replace "nice" and find words to rhyme with them. Oh my... Poor, poor Solomon.
Nov. 4 - Tonight was Bunko! I look forward to the night each month. A bunch of ladies from church get together at somebody's house the first Tuesday of each month and play Bunko. I think we all agree the best part of the night is the food! Mmmm.... There's all kinds of yummy stuff that I don't usually allow myself to eat (except on weekends), and I eat as few calories as possible on those days so that by the time I get there I'm starving and I can really be a porker. I like having that one evening every month that I can get out by myself, actually try to pretty myself up a little, and have fun with the gals!
Nov. 5 - Obama is going to be president? What?! I can't say I'm all that surprised really. There are so many hippie-headed liberals out there. Sorry if any of you voted Obama. I still love you dearly, but I would pay to have your head examined. :P Yeah, maybe I should hush now. On to other things... Today Solomon and I went to Food Pyramid to pick up some broccoli, and our friend Nancy was working. She's the sweetest lady, maybe in her 50's - though I'm terrible at guessing ages. When I was pregnant I was in Food Pyramid almost every day. Seriously. And she was almost always working, so she saw me get bigger and bigger and even BIGGER until I finally went in there one day, proudly pushing our sweet little guy in the stroller. Nancy fell in love with him, and we go there often enough still that she calls out his name when we enter the store. She always comes over to talk to him, and she just gushes every time. We like baby people. :-) (Unlike Obama, the abortion supporting...oops. There I go again.)
Nov. 6 - Our dog Posy just loves Solomon! And Solomon thinks she is the coolest thing ever. I always keep Posy from licking his hands, but today Solomon was sitting on my lap, and Posy was sitting beside us. Solomon reached out to Posy and touched her nose. Of course Posy responded with a big doggy kiss, and Solomon started laughing so hard. Adorable! I couldn't resist that laugh, so I let them play for a few minutes like that before I gave his hands a good cleaning. It strikes me so funny that a 5 month old little boy could already have such a fascination for a dog. He's going to be an animal person just like Nathan and me I think.
3 comments:
So glad you joined us!!!! You could have went on about Obama...I wouldn't have mind and there are a ton of us who would let you keep going!!! :)
Yeah!!! I's so excited that you are blogging. You're always funny and so much fun to read your stuff!!
I like your songs..."All of them" kind of rhymes with Solomon...
Post a Comment