Friday, November 14, 2008

Aaaaaagh!

Resume editingI had an ugly, ugly morning.



It started out well enough. Solomon slept until past 7:00, a first since moving into our new house. But it quickly went downhill after that. Solomon started getting sleepy for his morning nap, so I began the process of trying to get him to get him down. He has been really fighting his sleep lately, so I have to work pretty hard to get him down, and he's my Grump the Stump until then. Well, right as he was starting to nod off, the doorbell rang. It was the guy who was suppose to get our DirecTV up and running. I had called them before we moved to schedule an appointment and to ask if we could return our HD box and get a DVR one instead b/c we don't use HD as often as we thought we would. They said that was fine, went ahead and cancelled our HD channels on the spot, and set up an appointment for Sunday, Nov. 9 (8 days after we moved). No problem to wait that long - we're not TV addicts or anything, though I will embarrassingly admit to being kind of hooked to Gilmore Girls re-runs. ANYway...so that Sunday rolls around, and they call and ask if it was okay to move the hook-up until today, Friday the 14th. Nathan was mildly annoyed by this because he thought if they had to ask our permission to do this, it probably meant that they could get to it that day but were just too lazy to do so. I didn't take it that way, and it still wasn't too big of a deal to either of us. But the guy came today and asked where we wanted our "HD/DVR" box. I explained to him that we just wanted the "DVR" box, not the "HD/DVR" box. They had sent him out with the wrong box. Grrr. He asked if he could go to the back yard to see about where to put the dish. That's when all hell broke loose. Forgetting that our dog was back there, I let him open the door, and Posy comes running full speed toward him - barking loudly, growling, snarling, showing teeth - the whole nine yards. The guy is frozen in fear at this point, and my extremely tired Solomon is screaming. I knew Posy wouldn't bite, but I wouldn't tell a guy I don't know who is in my house that. So here I am, holding a screaming, wiggling baby AND trying to shoo Posy off, all while Nathan (who was on speaker phone this whole time) was asking over and over what was going on. With all this madness, I accidentally hung up on Nathan. In that time, the guy finally worked up the nerve to go outside, and I was able to get Posy into the garage and sort of calm poor Solomon down. And it ended up that they also sent the wrong dish with him, too. Double grrr. He told me they'd have to reschedule the hook-up yet again and asked if he could borrow my phone (he had traveled quite a ways, and his phone wouldn't work out here.) So yeah.... I am SO glad we are going to OKC for an overnight trip, b/c after all that craziness I friggin' need some cheesecake! Okay?! Have a happy day.

No comments: