I'm jumping on the bandwagon and posting a survey.
1.
Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper
2.
Real tree or Artificial ?
I like real trees better, but we'll do artificial.
3.
When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we'll probably put it up earlier this year - this weekend.
4.
When do you take the tree down?
Well, considering we won't get home from MO until late on Jan. 4, it will probably either be that week of the 5th or the weekend to follow.
5.
Do you like eggnog?
Gag on a stick! No.
6.
Favorite gift received as a child ?
Well, I wasn't a child really. But when I was 17 or 18, my mom had a friend in my class make me a hope chest, and I loved it! I still have it today, actually.
7.
Hardest perso n to buy for?
Nathan! This year may be easier, though. He kind of hinted around last night at Wal-Mart that he'd like a cast iron skillet or a dutch oven. The man is strange, I know, but I've gotta love him. He he he.
8.
Easiest person to buy for?
Right now, that would be Solomon.
9.
Do you have a nativity scene ?
No, but I'd like to have the Willow Tree nativity scene someday.
10.
Mail or email Chris tmas cards ?
Mail
11.
Worst Chris tmas gift you ever recei ved?
My ex-step-dad once got me a framed picture of LeAnn Rimes b/c he knew I wasn't a fan of her. Swell guy he was, let me tell ya. And yes, I'm being sarcastic.
12.
Favor ite Christmas Movie ?
It's a Wonderful Life - one of the best movies of all time. I cry every time I see it. Elf would be the funniest, though.
13.
When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Ha! In the past, it's always been the week before Christmas. But I'm doing better this year. I started last weekend.
14.
Have you ever recycled a Chris tmas present?
No
15.
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ooh, that's hard. Probably some kind of pie. But if we're at my Grandma Great's that particular year, it would be her famous homemade noodles. Holy yum!
16.
Light s on the tree?
Absolutely
17.
Favorite Christmas song?
"O Come, O Come Emmanuel"
18.
Travel at Chris tmas or stay home?
We travel to MO to be with our family.
19.
Can you name all of Santa 's reindeer' s?
Probably not. Let's see... Donald, Dasher, Blitzen, Comit, and Rudolph. That's all I know.
20.
Angel on the tree top or a star?
We'll have a star.
21.
Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We don't really have a set time. I actually kinda wanted to make it a family tradition to open gifts on New Year's day so that our kids wouldn't think Christmas was about gifts, but my family will be giving Solomon (and our future kids) gifts at Christmas anyway, so I don't think that's going to work.
22.
Do your kids still believe in Santa?
We're not doing Santa with our little ones.
23.
Favorite ornament theme or color ?
I don't really have a favorite. But this year we will be putting our Christmas tree up for the first time since we lost Lincoln, and I'm planning on getting an angel ornament, hopefully with Lincoln's name on it, and that will most definitely have the most meaning to me.
24.
Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Turkey or ham, Grandma Great's noodles, sweet potatoes, and some kind of pie - hmm...maybe pecan pie?
25.
What do you want for Chris tmas this year?
I want to be with my family!
26.
Have any Christmas tradions?
No, but now that we have Solomon, I'm looking for some traditions to adopt. : )
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amber - I'm cracking up on your reindeer answer...I don't think Santa had Donald as a reindeer...I think you are getting Donner confused with Donald Duck! hehe
Post a Comment